About Our Weekend Islamic School
Fussilat Academy is a weekend Islamic school based in Chadwell Heath, East London, offering a variety of classes for all age groups. Our unique syllabus provides our students with an environment to gain closeness to Allah despite the challenges of the modern-day society.
We offer the following classes:
- Children’s Maktab, 10:00 – 13:00
- Adults, 10:15 – 12:45
- Playgroup, 12:00 – 13:00 (women only)
Age: 5 – 16 years
Time: 10:00 – 13:00
For whom: Boys & Girls
Today’s children are exposed to many religious challenges. It is, therefore, incumbent to develop upright morals and provide Islamic teachings from an early age. At Fussilat Academy, our students develop the tool of knowledge and understanding to put their knowledge into practice. With this, we ensure the foundations are solid and instil a focus on independent learning so that they can recite the Quran, pray Salah and perform other Islamic duties in confidently and without the need of supervision. This is reinforced through teaching fiqh, ‘aqeedah and stories of the prophets, deriving lessons that we can learn from.
Tajweed, Recitation, Memorisation, Islamic Studies (fiqh, ‘aqeedah, Stories of the Prophets/Seerah]
We provide Arabic for ages 6+ as an additional class from 13:00 – 14:00.
Age: 17+ years
Time: 10:00 – 13:00
For whom: Men & Women
Our class for adults is designed for all adults of all ages, levels, and commitments. Here, we provide a taste of a number of topics with the aim of learning in small and consistent portions whilst applying the knowledge each week.
Our students include:
- New Muslims
- Adults who only studied when they were younger
- Parents who want to study at the same time as their children
- Muslims who have solid foundations but want a push to
We also provide a custom progress plan upon request to aid your spiritual development.
Session 1 (10:00 – 12:00) – Fiqh, Hadith, Arabic & Islamic History (Pre-Human history, Stories of the Prophets & Seerah)
Session 2 (11:30 – 12:00) – Stories of the Prophets, Tajweed, Recitation & Memorisation.
- Free refreshments provided every week.
- Parents with young children are also welcome, where we kindly ask parents to settle the children out of the classroom should any disturbance occur, before returning back into the class. All classes are taught in a mixed but segregated arrangement. The Tajweed, recitation & memorisation lessons are male to male and female to female.
- Children and adults are in separate areas.
If you would like to volunteer for any of the above or have any ideas that you could aid us to work towards, please do get in touch.